PreK through 2nd Grade have been listening to, discussing and comparing several Caldecott's this month, including:
- The Man Who Walked Between the Towers by Mordicai Gerstein
- My Friend Rabbit by Eric Rohmann
- The Hello, Goodbye Window illustrated by Chris Raschka and written by Norton Juster
- A Sick Day for Amos McGee, illustrated by Erin E. Stead, written by Philip C. Stead
- First the Egg by Laura Vaccaro Seeger
- The Lion & the Mouse by Jerry Pinkney
In discussions, students studied the illustrations to determine if they were helping to tell the story or simply helped to just enhance the story.